What is Audit Protection Service (APS)?
An IRS Audit – it’s every taxpayer’s worst nightmare. Audit Protection Service is your safeguard to avoid the runaway costs of defending yourself against the IRS in the event you must respond to the ever-increasing number of Examination Audits or other inquiries from the IRS or state taxing authorities. This extremely cost-effective blanket protection is available to clients for a supplemental charge at the time Joanne prepares their tax return.
Included in Audit Protection Service without any charges for professional fees:
- All required activities for responding to questions or an Examination Audit from the receipt of the Examination Letter through Final Appeal;
- Meeting with tax officials on your behalf;
- Researching applicable tax codes and precedents;
- Preparation and submission of all required responses to official inquires in a timely manner.
Do I Need Audit Protection Service?
- The cost of a typical audit is rarely less than $2,000 in professional fees (usually much more than the preparation of the original return!);
- The cost of APS is based on a sliding scale starting at a 15% supplement to your tax preparation fee;
- IRS Audits are up 21% and budgets for enforcement are being increased annually.